Since 1976, initially as CK Industrial Engineers and, since May 2020, as Leidos Industrial Engineers we have supplied special-purpose machinery to general industries, OEMs and companies. Our design and manufacturing site in Essex, United Kingdom, provides more than 30,000 square feet of shop floor space.
- Machine Shop: 6,000 sq. feet
- Assembly Area: 10,000 sq. feet
- Prototype Vehicle Trial Build: 5,000 sq. feet
- Production Facility Build and Soak Test Area: 5,000 sq. feet
- Assembly Area and Inspection Area: 5,000 sq. feet
We design and produce machinery and tools that offer comprehensive electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic engineering solutions for our customers’ manufacturing challenges.
Since the late 1980s our focus has been mainly within the automotive industry, where we now supply a significant amount of jigs, fixtures and adaptive tooling for:
- Power Train, Rear Axle and Subassemblies
- Power Train to Vehicle “Marriage” Decking Equipment
- Vehicle Body and Door Carriers • Component and Subassembly Carriers
Leidos Industrial Engineers is expanding into other industries such as the rail and airport industries and is eager to offer quality products and services to customers in new areas.
The company has been directed by Paul Freeman and Eddie Russell since 2009. CK Industrial Engineers was acquired by L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation in November 2018 and subsequently by Leidos in May 2020 after the completion of the deal to acquire L3Harris Technologies' Security Detection & Automation businesses.